Thursday, May 22, 2008

Children's Songs and Writing

Remember back in the day when you used to watch those shows and every once in a while they would show these little kids' songs made to entertain and somehow "teach" (even though you learned almost nothing most of the time)?

Well, I was looking some of them up, until I remembered that "Boku wa Kuma" (I Am A Bear) by Utada Hikaru was also a kid's song, although extremely simply written (let's put it this way--even I could understand it). It was on Minna No Uta (Everyone's Music), a kid's show in Japan. I kept looking at other videos from that show, and I just got really into it. I like some of them a lot, like Hina No Uta (The Duck Song), Nekko-Kun (Mr. Tree Stump), Happy Birthday (Happy Birthday xD), and the saddest one, Kuma No Nuigurumi (Stuffed Bear).


I've been getting ideas for random stories lately, especially when I'm in Tranquility., which is in the Green Township in north NJ. Especially one that relates to the recent trip I took there last Sunday. For some reason, most of the stories I make for "fun" are EXTREMELY dramatic--the last one I wrote for "fun" on my MySpace blog started with a call from the emergency room, involved crying and death, etc. Why do I do it so dramatically? I honestly don't know; sometimes I feel I could be a good playwright for movies or dramas, maybe soap operas lol. I'll still stick to remakes for a while, although the idea I got for the little story thingy is a pretty good one. It has no plot, mind you, but it's something.
For anyone who's interested, here's the link to the whole Prisoner Of Love single:
Tracklist:
Prisoner Of Love
Prisoner Of Love (Quiet Version)
Prisoner Of Love (Original Karaoke)*
Prisoner Of Love (Quiet Version) (Original Karaoke)*
Original Karaoke tracks are the tracks without main singing.