Today was my first day doing my daily run with Rob.
Don't get me wrong; I love to run. I used to do half an hour to an hour at the gym. But that was on a treadmill. I never thought it would be so different than actually running.
I usually did 10 minutes of running, then I stopped for about 4 minutes to take a breather and drink water. I drank probably about 3 bottles in one day. (Because of this and my diet, this past summer was probably the healthiest I've been in over 3 years).
However, on the track at the high school, I can keep up for at least 2 minutes, then I just run out of breath and have to stop because my leg muscles cramp up. I can't keep up with Rob. And he's slow because of his leg arthritis. I have to admit, that is just sad. Very sad.
I should be more used to it since I have ran before, but for some reason, I'm not. I guess it was also what I was wearing: A Pharmaceutical Rutgers sweater that I never took off (for the fear that the white T-Shirt underneath would become see-through), and jeans with, like, 100 things in each pocket. That might've slowed me down.
Another thing--on the treadmill, I run alone. On the track, I feel like I'm in a race, so I feel that I should go faster. So I go my fastest at the beginning and eventually lose my stamina earlier in the track. I shouldn't do that.
Overall, I like doing it. But I don't feel comfortable.
And also, since Kathy came with us, I felt a bit uncomfortable. Being with those 2 lovebirds all the time.
AND there's always people from school at the High School, no matter what day. So it's embarrassing. I never liked other people watch me work out. I remember I didn't tell anyone I was going to the gym to work out until like 2 months later. It took me almost 3 months to tell Kevin I was working out by myself at my house. And that's Kevin. You know, the guy I talk to about everything and anything? Even my parents didn't know.
So after some conversations with Rob and Kathy, we walked home. I just kept on thinking to myself:
Damn, I need a girlfriend.
I hate being single. I keep having crush after crush on girl after girl but there's no one girl. A girl from my church in Plainfield? Well, it's confusing there; it seems that every girl has a crush on a guy, and eventually they move on. Hell, there's even a girl that's 15 thats going out with a 25 year old. That's illegal.
Back to the walking thing, we saw this elderly woman that was fixing her garden and out of nowhere, she says, "Do any of you want that skateboard?" She points at a skateboard that was left on the curb. "It was my grandson's but he doesn't want it anymore." Rob instantly says, "Sure, we'll take it." I would've just said, "Eh, no thanks; They give me bad memories and flashbacks and I eventually have episodes which have recently been haunting me more often." Not that exact same way, though.
So Rob takes it and says, "I say we give it to Abe 'cause Miguel owes him one. And besides, he's the only one who knows how to skate from here."
Amazingly, it was true. I was the only one there who knew how to properly use a skateboard. But I really didn't want it... too many episodes were focused on them. Still, I knew that deep inside (probably very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very deep inside) I really did want it for myself. Boy, I had been longing for a skateboard ever since I got on one. I had to admit, I actually enjoyed riding it.
That's when I had another breakthrough that stopped my episodes focused on the skateboard: You can't judge a whole sport just because one person acts like a retard. Or just because there's a strong stereotype against it.
Oooh, big breakthrough. After I've been saying this to people for how long now?
This sunday, for the Church conference, I decided to not change into formal clothes and just go how I was with Julian: Blue button shirt over white shirt (both M; I love saying that) and jeans. I was also wearing my chain wallet, since we had gone to best buy and we were planning on buying something (which we didn't). Let me say something: It's supposed to hang. And just because I'm wearing it doesn't mean I'm prasing the devil in the highest form of praise.
My mom comes in and says, "You know, it's not that pretty when you wear your wallet to church. The thing hangs and you look like one of those rock/metal types."
"That's a stereotype. I'm against stereotypes. You know they're not true."
She seemed to understand, so I was satisfied with the result.
BACK ON TOPIC
On the way back, I was riding the skateboard the whole way, while Joey, Rob's younger brother, was looking at me with admiration, telling me, "I know how to ride it! Let me try let me try!" I looked towards Rob for a sign of approval, and eventually, he caved in. So I let joey ride it and... well, he couldn't even get his feet on it. So I let his sister, Marissa, try it, and she was actually able to do it. And then the skateboard slipped and she almost flipped backwards. (It was funny lol)
When we got to church, I was pretty excited to tell Julian about the skateboard, since he was the one who was always pushing me to get one. Eventually, I tell him, and when I show him the pictures, he comments that it's pretty messed up (pretty ruined). I told him the guy before me had obviously used it too much (from the obvious grind marks on the bottom of it). So, I guess we were all sorta happy.
But I'm still single.
(Put a pic up later, I'm doing thsi from ScribeFire again)
Don't get me wrong; I love to run. I used to do half an hour to an hour at the gym. But that was on a treadmill. I never thought it would be so different than actually running.
I usually did 10 minutes of running, then I stopped for about 4 minutes to take a breather and drink water. I drank probably about 3 bottles in one day. (Because of this and my diet, this past summer was probably the healthiest I've been in over 3 years).
However, on the track at the high school, I can keep up for at least 2 minutes, then I just run out of breath and have to stop because my leg muscles cramp up. I can't keep up with Rob. And he's slow because of his leg arthritis. I have to admit, that is just sad. Very sad.
I should be more used to it since I have ran before, but for some reason, I'm not. I guess it was also what I was wearing: A Pharmaceutical Rutgers sweater that I never took off (for the fear that the white T-Shirt underneath would become see-through), and jeans with, like, 100 things in each pocket. That might've slowed me down.
Another thing--on the treadmill, I run alone. On the track, I feel like I'm in a race, so I feel that I should go faster. So I go my fastest at the beginning and eventually lose my stamina earlier in the track. I shouldn't do that.
Overall, I like doing it. But I don't feel comfortable.
And also, since Kathy came with us, I felt a bit uncomfortable. Being with those 2 lovebirds all the time.
AND there's always people from school at the High School, no matter what day. So it's embarrassing. I never liked other people watch me work out. I remember I didn't tell anyone I was going to the gym to work out until like 2 months later. It took me almost 3 months to tell Kevin I was working out by myself at my house. And that's Kevin. You know, the guy I talk to about everything and anything? Even my parents didn't know.
So after some conversations with Rob and Kathy, we walked home. I just kept on thinking to myself:
Damn, I need a girlfriend.
I hate being single. I keep having crush after crush on girl after girl but there's no one girl. A girl from my church in Plainfield? Well, it's confusing there; it seems that every girl has a crush on a guy, and eventually they move on. Hell, there's even a girl that's 15 thats going out with a 25 year old. That's illegal.
Back to the walking thing, we saw this elderly woman that was fixing her garden and out of nowhere, she says, "Do any of you want that skateboard?" She points at a skateboard that was left on the curb. "It was my grandson's but he doesn't want it anymore." Rob instantly says, "Sure, we'll take it." I would've just said, "Eh, no thanks; They give me bad memories and flashbacks and I eventually have episodes which have recently been haunting me more often." Not that exact same way, though.
So Rob takes it and says, "I say we give it to Abe 'cause Miguel owes him one. And besides, he's the only one who knows how to skate from here."
Amazingly, it was true. I was the only one there who knew how to properly use a skateboard. But I really didn't want it... too many episodes were focused on them. Still, I knew that deep inside (probably very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very deep inside) I really did want it for myself. Boy, I had been longing for a skateboard ever since I got on one. I had to admit, I actually enjoyed riding it.
That's when I had another breakthrough that stopped my episodes focused on the skateboard: You can't judge a whole sport just because one person acts like a retard. Or just because there's a strong stereotype against it.
Oooh, big breakthrough. After I've been saying this to people for how long now?
This sunday, for the Church conference, I decided to not change into formal clothes and just go how I was with Julian: Blue button shirt over white shirt (both M; I love saying that) and jeans. I was also wearing my chain wallet, since we had gone to best buy and we were planning on buying something (which we didn't). Let me say something: It's supposed to hang. And just because I'm wearing it doesn't mean I'm prasing the devil in the highest form of praise.
My mom comes in and says, "You know, it's not that pretty when you wear your wallet to church. The thing hangs and you look like one of those rock/metal types."
"That's a stereotype. I'm against stereotypes. You know they're not true."
She seemed to understand, so I was satisfied with the result.
BACK ON TOPIC
On the way back, I was riding the skateboard the whole way, while Joey, Rob's younger brother, was looking at me with admiration, telling me, "I know how to ride it! Let me try let me try!" I looked towards Rob for a sign of approval, and eventually, he caved in. So I let joey ride it and... well, he couldn't even get his feet on it. So I let his sister, Marissa, try it, and she was actually able to do it. And then the skateboard slipped and she almost flipped backwards. (It was funny lol)
When we got to church, I was pretty excited to tell Julian about the skateboard, since he was the one who was always pushing me to get one. Eventually, I tell him, and when I show him the pictures, he comments that it's pretty messed up (pretty ruined). I told him the guy before me had obviously used it too much (from the obvious grind marks on the bottom of it). So, I guess we were all sorta happy.
But I'm still single.
(Put a pic up later, I'm doing thsi from ScribeFire again)
