Friday, July 10, 2009

OMGZ IMAGESHACK HAZ BIN... HAX0R'D!


Yes, imageshack was hacked. The Spanish AAA Blog, Minna Star!, ran by weMAKESmusic member and close friend of mine, Kozuki Airi, is OVERRUN with this image. Unfortunately, I feel like taking some of the blame, since I was the one who uploaded her side-designs on imageshack in the first place. Imageshack was so reliable.


So let's discuss a bit about this hack.

It's apparently by a group called the Anti-Sec Movement. Tho at first they might seem like 13-year-old boys who are Not Gay (both are Encyclopedia Dramatica references; why I keep quoting a mockclopedia with a heavy anti-anthro slant I'll never know), they actually seem to have their point pretty stable. Then again maybe that's what they want us to believe. After all, anyone can go on and on and on with big words and a person eventually believes that they understand them and that they're "very smart".
Anyhoo, this image:

(Courtesy of Mashable.com, though I could've gotten the image from the AAA Blog)

...has been terrorizing webmasters, web designers, webcomic aritsts, web artists themselves, or just simply people surfing the interhuevos for a bit now.
I'm not exactly sure how they did it, but apparently they were able to replace a lot of the images with that one, while still implying that no images were lost ("No images were harmed in the making of this... image."). Regardless of what they've done, this is no time for any of us to go and switch image hosts. It always is good to have a back-up of everything, but it's not the time to go to extremes yet.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS

I'm really sick

Ah yes! I remember!

Anthrocon 2009 was last weekend! Hope all you guys had fun over there! Cuz I won't until I'm 18!
It sucks being under 18 when you want to be over 18. For those of you who aren't familiar with one of the most famous cons on the east coast, the Anthrocon, I suggest you look at the website, http://www.anthrocon.org/. I really don't feel like going through all the trouble of trying to explain what it is. It's like explaining an anime con. Actually, it is sorta like an anime con. The point is, if you're underage, you need your parents' permission and for them to be by your side the entire time in order to get in--this is because of some unfortunate event in the past which I really don't want to try to even venture into--and if you know my parents... well, they're still against Pokemon because it's "demonic" (And even though I stopped being so into Pokemon, they still hold that view, and I still hold the view that their view really makes no sense whatsoever). I'm sure they're gonna be against Anthrocon. Honestly, I just wanna go for the artwork and the contests. It'd be great winning a contest, meeting new people from around the country, and meeting the people who write the stories I read--actually, scratch that last one. I read things written by Graveyard Greg and Quetzadrake and I don't think it'd be much fun to meet them. The writers and artists of Anakuro, though--that's a different story. They stole my original "Ace Canning" Design

And besides, I've heard it's fun.

But instead of waiting out 3 or 4 more years, how about going to a con next year? About 2 years ago, Kevin went to the Otakon in Baltimore, an anime convention where he met AAA, that lucky bastard, but all he said to Shinjiro when he asked for his name was "heh yeah" so I guess we're even lol jk kthnxbai. I don't want to get into the precise details of what we talk about (cuz I just don't want to), but it's always along the lines of "I regret not going to Otakon with someone who knows about what we're doing". And I'll admit, it's true. It's like me going to the Otakon with Julian. Heh, imagine that. The only anime he's ever watched are DBZ and Naruto and he completely shuns the idea of foreign music and culture, which makes him even more American since, in the words of Utada Hikaru, part of being an American is being interested in only what is American, and nothing outside of that. However, me going to the Otakon with Chemita would be different. He's probably seen many more kinds of anime than me and Kevin have ever watched combined, all thanks to his Otaku cousins (who actually do believe that their life is an anime cartoon lol; and I even think one of them is a furry, or is at least interested in anthropomorphic artwork. Ironic, huh, both his cousins got him into Asian culture and the Fandom). He's one of the few people that I can freely let listen to my iPod without feeling embarrassed of having foreign music there. I.E. When I gave it to him a couple of weeks ago, he was singing My Heaven (Japanese Version) by Big Bang. Singing it. Fluently. And I never even told him of that. And it was a new song.

But, alas, if I were to choose, I'd go with Kevin for obvious reasons. Cuz if it hadn't been for him, I would have probable never even learned what anime was in the first place. Actually, if it hadn't been for him, I might've either lived a normal life stuck listening and watching to the crap we have here in the states, or maybe even dead. And I'd rather be a weirdo who enjoys life than a normal close-minded person who conforms to what they have.

And we might actually go.

3rd Annual Castle Point Anime Convention, at the Stevens Institute of technology in Hoboken, NJ, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010. This year, 1016 people attended, and the At-Door rate was only 12$.

So, yeah, it's a little crazy planning a year in advanced, but think about it--with parents like mine and unlucky lives like ours when it comes to meeting each other, it's not that crazy. And besides, it's a small con. Only 1,016 people this year. I still wanna go.

AND I WANNA COSPLAY! REAL BAD! I REALLY DO! (Is it crazy that I wanna cosplay more than I want a fursuit, when it's technically the exact same thing? Haha, I guess the stigma around each one's a bit different--actually, not really) I'm not sure whch character I would cosplay, though I always wanted to do Kyo Sohma from Fruits Basket, Sousuke Sagara from Fullmetal Panic ! (I REALLY WANNA DO HIM--as in, play him in cosplay, not do him, you pervert), Alphonse Elric or Black Hayate from FMA (yes, the dog. Now, tell me, would this count as fursuiting...? Ok fine I'm kidding.)

Help. Please.